PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED! MORE NEWS TO COME SOON
Nueva Esperanza Inc. – Holyoke, MA 01040
The Program Manager is one of the key management leaders of Nueva Esperanza, Inc. The Program Manager is responsible co-managing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading programing and events in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Develops strategic plan with Operations Manager to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Supports Operations Manager to submit to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Nueva Esperanza, Inc’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Nueva Esperanza’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Nueva Esperanza, Inc. can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Nueva Esperanza’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Works closely with Operations Manager in the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years’ experience in a non-profit.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Nueva Esperanza, Inc. strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Serving as Nueva Esperanza’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Nueva Esperanza’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Staff discount & on-site parking
Job Type: Salary, 25 hours a week, with anticipation of increasing hours in the future
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three (3) professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our offices at 401 Main Street Holyoke, MA 01040 by Friday, August 9th