UPDATE – POSITION FILLED
Nueva Esperanza Inc. – Holyoke, MA 01040
The Community Engagement Specialist contributes to the mission of Nueva Esperanza, which exists to be a catalyst and partner for a vibrant, sustainable and powerful Puerto Rican/ Afro-Caribbean community in Holyoke. The Community Engagement Specialist provides the tools and skills within and across the Puerto Rican/ Afro- Caribbean communities to promote long term, year- round participation and engagement within the organization and the South Holyoke community.
Supports the engagement of the Holyoke Puerto Rican/ Afro- Caribbean communities through the marketing, implementation and evaluation of Nueva Esperanza, Inc.’s events and programming. Furthermore, organize and plan weekly community/ tenant/ building meetings with Nueva Esperanza owned properties and the Voces de Esperanza properties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts culturally competent, language appropriate direct and community outreach efforts, community activities, volunteer coordination, door to door canvassing, and house visits. Conducts outreach through existing community and cultural events and regularly scheduled programming.
- Ensures effective management of data and database and accurate tracking and reporting of all program activities, including maintaining records, and documenting all contacts and activities, regarding outreach and program/ events turnout. Submits records and reports in a timely manner.
- Participates in community partnership and coalition meetings with civic groups, employers, community organizations, colleges and universities, and others with similar goals.
- Establish relationships with other local community organizations.
- Maintain our webpage and social media updated.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of one (1) year of non- profit experience related to organizing and civic engagement.
- Self- motivated and goal oriented.
- Good at marketing and advertising.
- Mission driven and responsible.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral in English and Spanish.
- Strong knowledge of Puerto Rican/ Afro- Caribbean cultures is required. Ability to provide effective and respectful services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Works well in an ever- changing environment where creativity and spontaneity are encouraged and sometimes required.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, data entry, and social media. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
- Employee must have reliable transportation or a vehicle to fulfill all job duties. This includes valid current Driver’s license and must have current auto insurance.
Staff discount & on- site parking.
Job type: Hourly, 8- 10 hours a week, with anticipation of increasing hours in the future.
Scheduled to work two days a week for four hours and additional two hours allotted for events and meetings if needed.
Salary: $12.75/ hr.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references to email@example.com or drop it off at our office at 401 Main Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
Nueva Esperanza, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.